Taekwondo Blue Belt
Go back to ITF Taekwondo grading
As part of the ITF Taekwondo Blue Belt - 4th kup grading syllabus, you will be exepect to know the following criteria.
*Please note the criteria below assumes you are currently at this belt level progressing for the next belt.*
You should be aware of the following:
The Blue Belt Signifies the heaven towards which the plant matures into a towering tree as training in Taekwondo.
Typical questions you may be asked:
- How many moves in Joong-Gun ?
- Meaning of Joong-Gun ?
- What is the Korean for U-shape block ?
- What other name is given to U-shape block. Both English & Korean ?
- What is the purpose of U-shape block ?
- What is the Korean for Rear foot stance & explain it ?
- What is the Korean for Low stance & explain it ?
- What is the release move in Joong-Gun & explain it ?
- Name 8 different blocks. Both in Korean & English ?
- Name 6 different kicks. Both in Korean & English ?
- Name 7 different stances. Both in Korean & English ?
- Name 7 different hand parts. Both in Korean & English ?
- Name 6 different foot parts. Both in Korean & English ?
- Name 6 different hand attacks from pattern Joong-Gun. Both in Korean & English ?
- What is the ready position in Joong-Gun. Both in Korean & English ?
- Why do we perform 1-step sparring ?
- Why do we perform patterns ?
- Why do we learn the meanings of patterns ?
- Name the Founder of Taekwon-Do & when Tkd started officially ?
- Name each pattern you know & how many moves in each 1 ?
- What does any colour up to red signify ?
- What is the meaning of any pattern up to Joong-Gun ?
Parts of the Body
Reverse Knifehand Sonkal Dung
Side Sole Yop Balbadak
Closed Ready Stance Moa Chunbi Sogi
Rear Foot Stance Dwit Bal Sogi
Low Stance Nachuo Sogi
U-Shape Block Digutcha Makgi
Reverse Knifehand Block Sonkal Dung Makgi
Rising X-Fist Block Kyocha Joomuk Chookyo Makgi
Angle Punch Kiokja Jirugi
Upper Elbow Strike Wi Palkup Taerigi
Downward Kick Naeryo Chagi
Pressing Kick Nollyo Chagi
Side Thrust Kick Yop Cha Tulgi
Reverse Turning Hooking Kick Bandae Dollyo Golcho Chagi
Consecutive Kick Yonsok Chagi
You will be expected to perform Joong Gun - click for full video tutorial
You may also be expected to know the meaning of this pattern:
Joong-Gun is named after the patriot Ahn Joong-Gun who assassinated Hiro-Bumi Ito, the first Japanese governor general of Korea, known as the man who played the leading role in the Korea-Japan merger. The 32 movements of this pattern refer to Mr Ahn's age when he was executed in Lui-Shung prison in 1910.
Other requirements on the the green belt syllabus:
Various Combinations in Line Work
1 Step Sparring